China is approaching to become the next superpower within the next 10 to 20 years as the country is progressing by leaps and bounds. With the massive size of 9.6 million square kilometers, China embraces some of the astounding landscapes, rivers and deserts of the world. The population of China is continually going up and if this overwhelming rate continues, the populace will shoot up with the addition of around 400 million people by the end of 2025.
China Facts For Kids
- China is the most heavily populated country in the world.
- According to the land area, China ranks second in the world just behind Russia.
- The Republic of China takes form in 1912 following the end of the Qing Dynasty.
- China is the speediest rising economy in our planet.
- China has also the biggest joint border in this globe.
- So far in 2012, China becomes the next biggest economy in the world just behind USA.
- The fifth biggest arid region in the world, the Gobi Desert is also situated in China.
- China is the biggest producer of solar panels as well as wind turbines.
- A Dabancheng undertaking of China is the biggest wind farm in Asia.
- The biggest peak in the world, Mount Everest is also located in China (Tibet). Did you know these China facts for kids?
- As far as export of goods is concerned, China is the biggest exporter in the whole world.
- With the number of tourists summing up to 55.7 million in 2010, China stands at the top position of the most-visited countries in this globe.
- China was developed into the biggest producer of wind energy back in 2010.
- In 2010, China also grew into the biggest energy consumer in the world.
- The first ever space station module of China known as Tiangong-1 was propelled in 2011.
- The term China comes from the Persian word ‘Cin’ and was documented for the first time ever in 1516.
- China generated 10,000 Ph.D. doctors in the year 2009.
- The supercomputers of China are one of the strongest computers in the planet.
- The first ever satellite of China (Dong Fang Hong 1) was successfully set off in 1970.
- With a staggering number of more than one billion users of cell phones in 2012, China is also the number one country wherein most number of people use cell phones.
- Some of the data gathered about this country reveals that Hominids stepped into China way back some 2.24 million years before.
- When Japanese invaded China during the Second World War, they took life of 20 million noncombatant Chinese people.
- Chinese embassies are spread out in 162 different countries of the world.
- During the food crisis in China, nearly 40 million people perished due to scarcity of food.
- With the distance of about 9,676 km, the railway system of China is the most stretched in the world for high-speed trains.
- China is the biggest manufacturer of latest airports in the world.
- The length of superhighways in China is about 85,000 km.
- In the year 2011, nearly 62,000 people passed away in China on account of car accidents.
- The present constitution of China was approved in December, 1982.
- Sweden was the first state in the West which embarked on ambassadorial relations with the People’s Republic of China in 1950.
- Almost 300 million people in China lack fresh water to drink.
- So far in 2011, nearly 40 percent of the rivers in China are contaminated on account of manufacturing garbage.
- The laws of China for those criminals who are somehow or the other involved in unlawful monetary fraud cases, are very strict as these criminals has to face death penalty. That’s why the number of people falling under the capital punishment is far greater in China than in any other state.
- Keeping in view the overwhelming population of China, it should not be a surprise that the People Liberation Army (PLA) of China is the biggest force in this planet.
A Quick Guide To China Facts For Kids
Population: 1.3 billion
The Capital City: Beijing
The Biggest City: Shanghai
Names of two primary rivers: Yellow River, Yangtze River
Military expenses of China: Second biggest in the world
Names of two biggest broadband providers of China: China Unicom, China Telecom